Last Updated December 14, 2017
Children Under the Age of 17
The App is not intended for children under 17 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 17. If you are under 17, do not use or provide any information on the App or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, telephone number, email address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 17 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 17, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use the App, we may ask you to provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”). We may also collect information that is about you but individually does not identify you, including, but not limited to:
- Information that you provide by filling in and submitting forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App,[ subscribing to our service, posting material ,] being awarded a gift card or PayPal payment, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information [when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and] when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of gift cards or PayPal payments.
- Your search queries on the App.
[You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) in the App or on public areas of websites you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to the App, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.]
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
• Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data,[ location data,] logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
• Mobile Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier (“Device ID”), IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
• Location Information. The App or it’s third parties may collect real-time information about the location of your mobile device, including, but not limited to zip code, city, state, or country of use.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your mobile device. For more information, see “Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.” [Note, however, that opting out of the App’s collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.]
may collect information. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include Google Analytics, cookies (or mobile cookies), web beacons, and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small file placed on your mobile device. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the App. Pages of the App [and our emails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages [or opened an email] and for other related App statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain App content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you access or use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your mobile device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you access or use the App. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.” Please note, however, that if you opt out of receiving advertising in the App, whether by opting out or using an ad-blocker, you will not receive any gift cards or PayPal payments.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Award gift cards or PayPal payments.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect to ensure you are able to use the App or provide you with higher quality ads.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please unsubscribe from the email list using the link provided on any email we send you. For more information, see “Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.”
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. If you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or mobile device, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution,
or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App EULA.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company,
our customers or others. [This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.]
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your mobile device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by unsubscribing from any email address we send you.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by changing your ad settings on your device.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. Except for your Device ID, the Company does not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for promotional purposes.
- Analytics Opt-out Options. If you do not want your information collected with Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. To opt-out of Google Analytics, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page (located at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) and install the add-on for your browser. For more details, visit the “Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on” page (located at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en). The App may also use other 3rd party tracking technologies such as AppsFlyer, Fiksu, and Facebook analytics technologies. Please visit the respective
websites for these analytics technologies to determine their opt-out options.
- Device Opt-out Options. Your device may provide options to opt-out of receiving advertisements or to limit
ad tracking. Please refer to your device’s settings to determine the opt-out options available for your device.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Please note, however, that if you opt out of receiving advertising in the App, whether by opting out or using an ad- blocker, you will not receive any gift cards or PayPal payments.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Your personal information is password protected and restricted within our organization to employees and trusted partners that need access to your personal information in order to correspond with you and provide the products and/or services that you requested from us. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Linked Apps and Websites
The use of any personal information provided by you to, or automatically collected from, a third party will be governed by that party's privacy policies. If you are unsure whether an app or website is controlled, affiliated, or managed by the Company, you should review the privacy policies at each linked app or website to determine how that site treats your personal information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can change your [user name and] password by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page. If you need to delete your account or if you have any questions about, or need to change, any other personal information that may be retained by the Company, you may also contact us at email@example.com. Upon your request, the Company will provide to you the personal information under its control, if any, as well as information about the ways in which that information is being used and disclosed. The Company will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information we may be using or disclosing is accurate and complete. If you demonstrate that your information is inaccurate or incomplete, the information will be amended as appropriate. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to any such request and update your personal information, if necessary. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.